INTERESTED IN OUR PROJECTS ?
CONTACT US NOW
GET IN TOUCH
EUROPE – ESTORIL / AFRICA – LUANDA / ASIA – SINGAPORE
On a global scale, Viterbo has already concluded over one thousand projects in Europe, Africa, Brazil and Asia.
Founded in 1971, Viterbo Interior Design is an international interior design reference the mission to Design UNIQUE PROJECTS THAT HAVE A POSITIVE EFFECT ON YOUR WELLBEING.
We are a full service interior design that handles a variety of projects in the residencial and hospitality sectors, from personal residences to luxury / boutique hotels. Everything from research to planning to execution is handled in-house by a carefully-curated team of Designers and Artisans. At Viterbo ID, we create unique and inimitable ambiances that reflect stories, experiences and memories as unique as the identity of each client. For over 40 years, Viterbo ID has prided itself on creating outstanding designs that blend the classical with the contemporary. We take a personalized approach to each project to create spaces to tell stories – your stories.Viterbo is a legacy; a 40-year legacy of unique concepts, translated into achievements made possible through the union of two generations: that of the founder, Graça Viterbo and that of her daughter, Gracinha Viterbo.
The Founder Visionary in her day, Graça Viterbo founds Viterbo Interior Design in 1979, then known as Atelier Graça Viterbo. In 2008, passes the legacy on to her daughter Gracinha, who was then already a creative partner, remaining connected to the group as Chairwoman.Upon completing the Decorative Arts Course at Fundação Ricardo Espírito Santo Silva (1964-1966) and in Interior Design at the Inchbald School of Design, since 1973, Graça Viterbo became an unmistakable name in Interior Design, in Portugal and abroad. Between 1979 and 2008, Graça Viterbo led the Viterbo Office, having been responsible for iconic projects that received countless international distinctions.In the 90s, she opened the interiors showroom in the Baixa-Chiado neighbourhood of Lisbon, becoming the representative to Portugal of several international reference brands. In 1993, she was invited by I.I.D.A (international Interior Design Association), headquartered in the USA, to be the president of the Portuguese delegation. In the academic domain, she has been invited to give lectures and seminars, and has integrated the examining jury for several master’s theses in leading universities such as the Inchabld School of Design, F.R.E.S.S and IADE, Design seminars.
Partner / Project and Creative Director With a life always inspired by the Realm of artistic creation – through her own vocation and also the influence of her Mother, Graça Viterbo, the Founder of the Studio – Gracinha Viterbo is today an inescapable figure in Interior Design world. Having attended the French High School Charles Lepierre, in Lisbon, where she obtained the “Diplôme du Bachalauréat”, it was in London, at Central St. Martin´s College of Art and Design, that Gracinha finished her degree in Interior Architecture, at the Chelsea College of art and Design, after specialized in Decorative Arts at the renowned Inchbald School of Design. Still in London, Gracinha joins the team of famed South-African decorator Kelly Hoppen, before returning to Portugal in 2000 to join her mother and giving continuity to the Viterbo Legacy, taking the creative lead of Atelier Viterbo Interior Design, in 2008. Chameleonic, Gracinha interprets Lives, recreating unique and inimitable ambiances that reflect stories, experiences and memories as unique as the identity of each client. Her portfolio includes projects for hotels and private homes across the World. Gracinha has been the creative ambassador for the brand’s internationalization, leading international projects that include four, five and six star hotels, as well as Boutique Hotels, which have earned her a host of illustrious Distinctions and Awards worldwide.
Managing Partner“Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success.”
AN AWARD WINNING COMPANY
The international prestige of Viterbo ID has been a constant, having attained worldwide recognition in the field, including the press, owning to the countless challenges and projects for which it has distinguished itself at the highest level. From the vast number of accolades it has earned – thirty Prizes and Distinctions can be counted, some of which received in consecutive years. Having earned glowing references from publications such as ‘Condé Nast Traveler’ and ‘The New York Times’, a Viterbo ID has been distinguished with leading international awards, chief among which are ‘Best Private Luxury Residence’, given by Bloomberg, as part of the ‘Europe & África Properties Awards’, in 2010 and 2011.The triple nomination of Gracinha Viterbo for the ‘Andrew Martin Award’, considered the Oscars of interior design, is among the many accolades that testify to the continuity of 40-year legacy of unique concepts, translated into achievements made possible through the union of two generations: that of the founder, Graça Viterbo and that of her daughter, Gracinha Viterbo.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Coveted Interior Design Magazine: listed on the Top 100 Best Interior Designers around the world ( 2017)
- CNN – One of 20 the most beautiful Beach Hotel in the World
- CNN – One of the 20 most beautiful Hotels in Europe (2016)
- IAI Design Award Asia Pacific – Best Interior Design Project Excellence Award (2015)
- Andrew Martin Interior Design Awards – Triple nomination Edition 2011, 2013 and 2015 – top interior designers worldwide
- International Property Awards – Best Interior Designer – Singapore Project (2015)
- Luxury Lifestyle Awards: Best Interior Designer Singapore ( 2015)
- Robb Report – Featured in the Best of Best edition ( 2015)
- World Luxury Hotel Awards Winner – Hotel Bela Vista, Relais&Chateaux ( 2014)
- Tatler Homes Singapore Best Residential Project Singapore (2014)
- Casa Vogue Italy– Viterbo Interior Design Project featured in the cover page ( 2013)
- New York Times: Hotel Bela Vista Algarve- One of the must see hotels for 2012
- Bloomberg International Property Awards: Best Residential Interior design Project Award 2010 and 2011
- Andrew Martin Interior Design Awards 2009: nomination to be listed in the 2009 edition short list
- Sunday Times – Hotel Janelas Verdes: The Hot 100 Best Hotels in Europe do Sunday Times ( 2010)
- Tatler Magazine – Hotels das Janelas Verdes: 101 Best Hotels in the World ( 2009)
- Trip Advisor – Hotel Real Palacio: Best Portuguese Luxury Hotel, 31st worldwide ( JUNE 2008)
- Condenast – SPA Real Marine: 12 hottest SPA´s in the World ( May 2008)
- Marbella Meeting Point – Hotel Real Santa Eulalia and SPA: Best International Luxury Resort ( 2006 )
- Condenast – Hotel Solar do Castelo: Hot List for most romantic Hotels in the World ( May 2003)
INTERESTED IN OUR PROJECTS ?